In the Qualification Committee presentation on Saturday morning during the Educational Day, there will be a discussion in small groups about the level of achievement that an Instructor Candidate (IC) must reach to have a score of 3 or more on the rubrics.
Members will be randomly divided into small groups. Each group will cover ONE of the below practical sessions.
- A) Analysis of stand to sit (SIT)
- B) Analysis of sit to lie
- C) Locomotion: To understand and explore unipedal propulsion (with a focus on the foot and ankle)
- D) To gain an understanding of the role of the hand in terms of manipulation, grasp, sensorimotor integration and body schema
- E) Scapulothoracicstability/mobility: Analysis of the relationship between scapula(e), clavicle, humerus, ribs, sternum and thoracic spine; the biomechanical and neuromuscular requirements of scapulohumeral rhythm; relationship to the painful shoulder.
- F) Single leg stance: To understand and explore the dynamic transition of centre of mass from bipedal to single leg stance.
Please, think about what you consider to be important when marking an Instructor Candidate presenting these practical topics before coming to the Saturday morning session.
Please note: The practical will be assigned to you. You will not be able to choose which practical you are working on.
Attached you will find important documents you will need to access or print for our session: rubric for practical session (completed and empty version) and the evaluation form for the Basic Course.
See you soon.
Qualification Committee members