An advanced course must be on “the Bobath Concept” as applied to the treatment of Adults with Neurological Conditions.
- Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists, in possession of an IBITA recognized basic course certificate will be accepted as participants in an advanced course.
- Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists who attend and complete the advanced course will receive the IBITA certificate.
- If a course-member is absent for more than one hour from an advanced course, the IBITA certificate will not be given.
Course Content and Description
- An advanced course must be a minimum of one week of 35 hours of teaching. (one hour = 60 minutes)
- The instructor/student ratio should be an optimum of 1:10 and a maximum of 1:12.
- Should there be more than 12 course members, another instructor is required to assist
- The maximum number of course members is 24.
- Advanced courses must include:
- Introduction of new material.
- Extension of present knowledge and skills at a deeper level.
- An advanced level course must include daily treatment of patients by each course member on a maximum student/patient ratio of 2:1.
- Evaluation by the instructor: The instructor should be able to identify potential instructors and record students’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Advanced Course Learning Objectives (PDF)