INTERNATIONAL BOBATH INSTRUCTORS TRAINING ASSOCIATION
An international association for adult neurological rehabilitation
2021 IBITA VIRTUAL AGM
As you know this year our AGM will be a virtual meeting and will be held on the Saturday August 28th 2021 from 13.00 – 16.30 European time.The format of the virtual 2021 “AGM” shall be different to last year and will include the announcement of the results of the elections for office bearers and discussion of the reports and motions.
This year TWO (2) separate postal votes are to be submitted by individuals with voting rights:
- Postal votes – ELECTIONS ONLY. The voting form shall be emailed to you on 13th August. Submission deadline BEFORE the virtual AGM.
- Postal votes – MOTIONS. The voting form shall be emailed to you on 28th August after the virtual AGM discussions. Submission deadline by 4th September.
More information is available on the 2021 AGM webpage LINK
IMPORTANT DATES regarding the AGM– have been updated for 2021 – LINK
The webpage of important dates for the IBITA year ( including the AGM) is available via LINK
Please check this page regularly.
Plans are underway for online education for membership, including:
- The Slovenia group have arranged online education which will be free to members, on Saturday Sept 25th, 2021 from 13.00 – 16.00 European time so please keep this date free. Dr. Robert Schlepi will be presenting a lecture “FASCIA AS A SENSORY AND EMOTIONAL ORGAN” and has sent pre-reading which is available to read (LINK) and a TV documentary on fascia research: https://youtu.be/
- Professor Jens Bo Nielsen will present a lecture “Spasticity – what is it, what causes it and what should we do about it?”
- The Education Committee and the Research Committee are developing online education for membership throughout the year.
Our sincere appreciation goes to the Slovenian country group – Tatjana Jeglič and Tinka Rajher Boštjan for ALL of your work to prepare to host 2021 AGM / Congress and the ITC modules.
Covid-19 COURSE EXEMPTIONS: The Executive and Education Committees are continuing to work together to provide advice and guidance for planning and teaching IBITA courses during this pandemic.
The updated version of the Covid-19 Course Exemptions – Information for Membership LINK is now available. Please remember to contact the Executive Committee for all exemptions and questions.
Covid-19 GENERAL EXEMPTIONS
Due to Covid-19 the following exemptions have been granted all members:
- Annual clinical hours:
- The period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 shall not be counted when establishing compliance with the annual clinical hours requirements.
- The period 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021 – please submit a clinical hours exemption if required, to the Executive Committee
- Complete instructor training within 8 years – The period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2021 shall not be counted when establishing compliance to complete instructor training within 8 years.
- Teaching a course every three years – 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2021 will not be counted.
- AGM Attendance rule – The 2020 and 2021 AGMs will not be counted when establishing compliance with the AGM attendance rule.
- More Experienced Instructors – The period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2021 shall not be counted to establish compliance with the requirement to evaluate Instructor-Candidates on Basic Courses in the previous 5 years
- Please remember to contact the Executive Committee for all exemptions and questions.
Online Practical Survey Responses
The responses to the online practical survey have been collated LINK.
Thank you to all members who provided input. The responses shall inform the next revision of the Covid-19 course exemptions guidelines.
Supporting our learning and development: during this time of limited opportunities for teaching, assistantships and attending courses, we are asking mentors and country representatives to pass on information about educational opportunities to the Instructor – Candidates. This is particularly important within country groups where English is not the first language.
There are also resources available on the website – MBCP resources webpage (LINK)
Instructor Training Committee
We are very pleased to announce that 44 Instructor Candidates, including Basic and Advanced, from around the globe have registered for the ITC ON-LINE SEMINAR which commences with an Introductory Zoom meeting prior to April when the first Module runs. While it is important to note the online seminar does NOT replace “in-person” ITC modules, it is fantastic to have the chance to support our ICs in a time when we have not been able to physically come together. Only instructor candidates, Basic and Advanced, may register for the ITC ON-LINE SEMINAR.
The following information is now posted on the IBITA website
Please note: Delaying the decision regarding whether or not we can run ITC in person Modules in 2021 increases the chance these Modules run. If they run registration will open early JUNE with a short time frame to register
2021 Slovenia: TENTATIVE PLAN to be confirmed end of May 2021
21 – 24 September 2021 IC Training module: Postural Control and Locomotion. NOTE the small date change given AGM is no longer “in-person”
26 – 29 September 2021 IC Training Module: Postural Control and the Upper Limb
2022 Brescia, Italy: Not aligned with IBITA Congress: TENTATIVE PLAN to be confirmed end of May 2021
February 2022 ACI-C Training Module: Using Task Analysis as a tool for developing clinical reasoning skills in the Bobath Concept
2022 Saitama, Japan
August 27 – 30 Pre congress IC Training Module: Postural Control and the Upper Limb
September 4 – 7 Post congress IC Training Module: Postural Control and Locomotion
September 4 – 7 Post congress ACI-C Training Module: Using Task Analysis as a tool for developing clinical reasoning skills in the Bobath Concept.
The venue for all 3 Modules will be the Rehabilitation Amakusa Hospital
2023 Marstrand, Sweden
Pre congress IC Training Module: Postural Control and Locomotion (4 days)
Post congress IC Training Module: Postural Control and the Upper Limb (4 days)
Pre Congress IC Training Module: Postural Control and Locomotion (4 days)
Post Congress ACI-C Training Module: Using Task Analysis as a tool for developing clinical reasoning skills in the Bobath Concept (4 days)
Call for Poster Presentations for 2021 Virtual IBITA Congress
IBITA members involved in research are invited to present their completed or ongoing research study with a poster presentation The study must be related to neurological rehabilitation and the Bobath concept.
All study designs are invited. Submissions accepted until 29 July.
Guidelines for scientific poster
For more information please contact Agnieszka Śliwka
Please can everyone check their credentials are correct in their profile on the website. If you have a PhD or MSc that is not displayed, please update your profile. Information regarding credentials is invaluable for the Research Committee.
All members are responsible to keep their profiles current and up to date, please log into your profile to double check yours is accurate.
Dear IBITA members, please remember that it will take a long period of preparation for the elections at the IBITA AGM 2021.
Again we want to invite all of you, to put your name or the name of a colleague for nomination. You will find the updated list of open posts below.
|Committee||Number of vacant posts|
| Executive Committee
Executive Committee: Vice chairperson (a vacancy will be created if the current Vice Chair is elected to chairperson)
| Executive Committee
Member at large
|Appeals & Grievance Committee||1|
|Bobath Development Committee||2|
| Instructor Training Committee:
(a vacancy will be created if a motion, submitted by the ITC is passed)
|Qualification Committee / Europe||1|
We are happy to receive your declaration of interest or any questions.
Kind regards and stay well! Cecilia, Koji, Heike
Heike Frauendorf email@example.com
Cecilia Lofgren firstname.lastname@example.org
Koji Takahashi email@example.com
Finally, if you have any information for the next newsletter, please send it to me by 15th April 2021