36th IBITA AGM 2020
- Due to the extraordinary global situation resulting from Covid-19, the 2020 IBITA Congress/AGM face to face meeting is cancelled and will be replaced by an agenda for POSTAL VOTE ONLY. Please see read the AGM special notice -Covid 19 LINK .
- POSTAL VOTES: For this year only, ALL members with voting rights are eligible to submit a postal vote. Postal votes will only be accepted from full members who have completed their SIS by June 30th AND paid their subscriptions by August 15th. The postal vote form is now available LINK
- OPPORTUNITY TO ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE VOTING: This year is extraordinary and members will not have an opportunity to meet in person and discuss before voting. To allow the opportunity to address members’ questions, the final AGM agenda with all reports and nominee statements shall be posted by July 24th. Members are invited to submit questions regarding the reports and motions by email to the IBITA Secretary by July 31st. Responses will be posted on the website by August 10th to inform voting that will open August 14th and close August 21st
IBITA 36th AGM 2020 – AGENDA for postal vote only – LINK
- All AGM related documents are available at: Google Docs – IBITA Documents – AGM-36 2020 Documents LINK
- 2020 Chairperson’s Pre-AGM Circular LINK
- 2020 Chairperson’s Post -AGM Circular LINK
Please review the table below for important information and dates
|June 28, 2020||INITIAL Agenda uploaded including all motions to change Byelaws, Rules & Regulations.|
|July 24, 2020||FINAL Agenda shall be uploaded including all motions, links to committee reports, links to addenda, the nominee names, and candidate nomination forms available at the time. Additional nominees may be nominated before August 12th|
|July 31, 2020||Deadline to submit questions regarding AGM Final Agenda reports and motions. Please submit to the IBITA Secretary, Janice Champion, Email: email@example.com.|
|August 10, 2020||Responses to questions regarding AGM Final Agenda reports and motions shall be posted on the website.|
|August 12, 2020||No more nominee names may be submitted to the Nominating Committee.|
|August 14, 2020||The AGM Agenda will be updated with any additional nominee names and statements.|
|August 14, 2020||Postal votes open. The Postal Vote Form will be available in Google Docs-Documents-AGM current year Documents, and a link will be added here.|
|August 21, 2020||Postal votes close.|
|August 29 2020 2pm-4pm Sweden time||A Extraordinary Zoom Meeting – Results of voting shall be announced, member exchange, and education.|
Extraordinary Zoom Meeting – 2pm -4pm Sweden time on August 29th, 2020
- The meeting will run as a Zoom Webinar and will consist of one-hour Executive Committee facilitated information, including the announcement of voting outcomes, and one-hour education.
- The voting results and the comments made in the postal vote forms will be added to the “Minutes of the meeting”. All comments will be anonymous – if you do not want your comment added to the Minutes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st September.
- The Education Component will be a presentation by Dr. Kim Brock. The title will be “New directions in rehabilitation research – new opportunities for the Bobath concept?” – Rehabilitation research has entered a new phase where large, well designed trials are more common. However, many of these studies have had negative outcomes, showing no differences between interventions. This has led to some rethinking by leaders in the field and greater interest in individually tailored interventions. At the same time, there is a greater focus on recovery rather than compensation after stroke or brain injury. Movement scientists are demonstrating that multi muscle co-ordination patterns underpin movement. This lecture will discuss these new directions and how this evidence can be used to support the treatment approach of the Bobath concept.
- Both parts of the meeting will be separately recorded and uploaded to the website so you can watch them.
- You need to click on the link below to open Zoom and to join the Webinar on the 29thAugust. You need to enter the passcode when prompted to do so.
Link to join Webinar LINK
Webinar passcode – 534713
- 2020 Zoom meeting presentations
- Feedback – The Executive Committee would like your feedback on the processes undertaken this year to have an IBITA AGM due to the cancelled in-person IBITA AGM and Congress. Please answer the questions in the Google SURVEY by 26th September 2020.
The Executive Committee would also like your feedback on the lecture presented by Dr. Kim Brock on Saturday 29th August and also recorded for all members to view at a later date. Please give your feedback via this Google survey – use this LINK to open the survey. Please submit your responses by 26th September 2020. We thank you for your feedback