We are delighted to provide you with the July IBITA Newsletter. Our appreciation to the Swiss Group and all of our committees who have been very busy on our behalf.
Executive Committee News
IBITA AGM and Congress 2018
- The Swiss Group invite IBITA members to the 34th IBITA Congress September 5 – 8, 2018 in Basel, Switzerland. Registration is open and more information is available at this LINK.
- AGM-34 2018 Documents LINK
- The Agenda is NOW POSTED LINK
- Links to addenda and reports will be added as they are received.
On August 10, 2018 the AGM Agenda will be updated with a link to Nominee names and statements known at this time.
- Postal votes open August 10 and close August 24, 2018.
- Please review the important dates available on the website. Upcoming deadlines are also pasted below.
- We look forward to seeing you all in Basel!
SIS Submissions – IMMEDIATE ACTION IS REQUIRED BY 52 MEMBERS
- Congratulations to the 194 members who have submitted their Statement of Instructor and Training Status. The remaining 52 members are reminded that ALL IBITA members, including trainees and retired members are required to submit the SIS before July 1.
- Please note that you must submit your SIS immediately. Your membership status is dependent upon submitting your SIS before July 1.
- Instructions are located on the webpage: SIS Instructions
IBITA Subscriptions are due NOW
- Subscriptions are to be paid after 1 July and no later than 31 August – Invoice
- Country Representatives are encouraged to please pay for all country group members in one payment. Please read the invoice carefully as we now have tiered membership dues. If you have any questions please direct them to Leo Kooijmans, Treasurer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are pleased to welcome the following four new IBITA members:
Ms. Leanne Passier, Australia
Ms. Sara Fabian, Canada
Mr. Masayuki Ayukawa, Japan
Mr. Hiroaki Mitsuhashi, Japan
- We currently have 246 IBITA members representing 32 countries.
- Ms. Evangelia Manta (Greece) has qualified as a Basic Course Instructor.
- Anke Hengelmolen-Greb has announced the publication of her new book: Hengelmolen-Greb, A. & Jöbges, M. (Eds). (2018). Leitfaden Physiotherapie Neurologie (German Edition) Germany. Elsevier Health Sciences. ISBN-10: 3437451316, ISBN-13: 978-3437451317 (German). Books posted on the IBITA website – LINK
IBITA Professional Development Support Grants.
- Applications are due August 3, 2018, please refer to Procedural Manual 5.1.1
- You are encouraged to please check that all information is accurate on your member profile and to upload your photo.
- We hope you are enjoying the new website and are able locate all desired information. We welcome any comments, questions, or suggestions.
Executive Committee Open Invitation for Member Input
- All members are invited to email suggestions, comments and feedback to the Executive Committee regarding any topic, at any time.
- Our contact information is located on the website: Committees
Education Committee and Research Committee News
Call for Short Case Reports for 2018 Congress
- The case reports shall demonstrate varied interpretations of the Model of Bobath Clinical Practice (MBCP) and application of clinical reasoning in order to facilitate function.
Presentations shall be 10 minutes, 8-10 slides followed by 20 minutes for open discussion. The presenter would be invited to provide question(s) to initiate discussion in relation to their case report and the use of the MBCP.
- Guidance for the development of the presentation is available in Google Docs-Documents-Instructor Training Committee-Guidance for case study LINK
- MBCP resources are available on the webpage: https://ibita.org/bobath-concept-model-and-framework/
- Submission deadline is August 15. Please email intention to present to Miguel Benito –email@example.com
Nominating Committee News
NOMINEES ARE NEEDED
- Nominations are invited for elections during the AGM in Basel. Please consider to put yourself forward for the following posts:
- Executive Committee – Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, and Member at Large
- Verification Committee (1)
- Appeals and Grievance Committee (1)
- Education Committee (2)
- Bobath Development Committee (2)
- Nominating Committee (1)
- Instructor Training Committee (1)
- Qualification Committee – Europe/Africa (1)
- Nominees for all posts are encouraged. At this time we do not have adequate nominees in particular for the Education Committee and the Appeals and Grievance Committee.
- If you would like further information or wish to put your name forward please contact: Heike Frauendorf-Schulze, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Committee News
Call for Poster Presentations for 2018 IBITA Congress
- IBITA members involved in research are invited to present their completed or ongoing research study to the 2018 IBITA Congress. The study must be related to neurological rehabilitation and the Bobath concept. All study designs are invited.
- This year we request that research is presented only as poster presentations to accommodate the time required by the Qualification Committee to provide feedback regarding the first qualification event and for an activity with the membership regarding the use of the rubrics.
- Submissions to be received before August 15 and sent to Miguel Benito, email: email@example.com
- Guidelines for scientific poster
- After Congress, the posters presented will be evaluated by the Research Committee and Educational Committee to be posted on the public IBITA webpage (IBITA Congress Posters).
- For more information please contact Miguel Benito. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IBITA Conference Support Grant
- Submission deadline is 31 July. Please refer to the Procedural Manual 5.3.2
Bobath Research in Progress
- Members currently involved in research projects regarding the Bobath concept are invited to please update the list of ongoing research posted on google docs: BOBATH RESEARCH IN PROGRESS
- For further information, please contact Miguel Benito: email@example.com
Bobath Research on the IBITA Webpage
- Articles published in German have been added to the webpage: Bobath Concept Research
- The following IBITA Congress 2017 poster has been added to the webpage: IBITA Congress Posters: Otsuki, Watanabe & Tsukada_2017_Treatment of postural control can improve the cognition of maximal reach distance in Parkinson’s Disease patients/ A pilot study – LINK
Instructor Training Committee News
2018 IC Training Module – Postural Control and Upper Limb
- Registration for all IC’s and Instructors. More information.
- The module is full. Please follow this link if you wish to be included on a wait list LINK
You will be contacted only IF there is availability.
NEW 2018 ACI-C Training Module – Advanced Clinical Reasoning in the Bobath Concept
- Registration for ACI-C, ACI, and SI’s. More Information
- Registration is still open. To register, please submit this form LINK
- Please note a change in dates for the 2019 IC Training to be held in Argentina. Refer to the website Future ITC Modules
Qualification Committee News
- The Qualification Committee is pleased to announce that we now have 12 Qualification Panel members with a very good representation around the world. The Qualification Panel members are currently teaching IBITA courses and have previous experience of mentoring and evaluating Instructor- Candidates. The new process is now a reality and we are very happy to have this team ready to conduct the next qualification events. All Qualification Panel members are identified on the website membership list and can be filtered using Committees-Qualification Panel. Please also see the list below:
- North/South America
- Ana Akerman – Brazil
- Julie Vaughan-Graham – Canada
- Adriana Beatriz Moschini – Argentina
- Europe/ Africa
- Orit Elion – Israel
- Luca Cesana – Italy
- Doris Kutscher-Meurer – Germany
- Monika Pesler – Germany
- Mary Lynch-Ellerington – UK
- Daniela Stier – Switzerland
- Bettina Paeth Rohlfs – Spain
- Toshio Otsuki – Japan
- Shauna Picard – Australia
- North/South America
More Experienced Instructors Register
- Additional members have been added to the More Experienced Instructors Register:
- Kim Jennings, Australia
- Peter Popelier, Belgium
- Elsje Scheffler, South Africa
- All members on the More Experienced Instructor Register are identified on the website membership list and can be filtered by “More Experienced Instructor” and by country.
July 1:Annual Subscriptions to be paid after 1 July and no later than 31 August – Invoice
July 6: Initial AGM Agenda posted 2 months prior to AGM
July 31: annual IBITA Conference Support Grant deadline. Refer to Procedural Manual 5.3.2
August 1: Annual Country Representative Reports deadline. For more information contact the IBITA Vice Chairperson.
August 3: IBITA Professional Development Support Grants. Due one month prior to the IBITA Annual General Meeting. Refer to Procedural Manual 5.1.1
August 10: The AGM Agenda will be updated with a link to Nominee names and statements known at this time.
August 10:Postal votes open. The Postal Vote Form will be available in Google Docs-Documents-AGM current year Documents.
August 15: Call for 2018 Congress Short Case Reports – see latest news
August 15:Call for IBITA Congress poster presentations submission deadline. Contact the Research Committee Chairperson for more information.
August 24: Postal votes close
August 31: annual Subscriptions payment final deadline – Invoice
September 1-4: Pre-Congress ACI-C Training Module. Advanced Clinical Reasoning in the Bobath Concept.
September 5-8: 2018 IBITA 34th AGM in Basel, Switzerland
September 9-12: Post-Congress Instructor-Candidate Training Module. Understanding the Complexity of Postural Control for the Functional Recovery of the Upper Limb and Hand.
Please see the website for the full list of Important Dates
IBITA Secretary | firstname.lastname@example.org