INTERNATIONAL BOBATH INSTRUCTORS TRAINING ASSOCIATION
An international association for adult neurological rehabilitation
31st March 2020
Dear IBITA Community
Due to the extraordinary global situation resulting from Covid-19, the 2020 IBITA Congress/AGM face to face meeting is cancelled and will be replaced by postal votes for essential items, a virtual meeting to facilitate member connection, and possibly selected education content delivered by alternate methods.
In addition, the 2020 Instructor Trainee Modules are postponed / cancelled, and alternate plans are in evolution for impacted Qualification Events. Please see below for details, including information related to exemptions due to Covid-19.
- Our sincere appreciation to Line Syre and the Nordic Group for all of your work over a number of years to plan to host our 2020 Congress/AGM and Instructor Trainee Modules. You have been adaptable, responsive, and patient as emergency plans have evolved to manage the implications of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Our deep thanks also to our committees and working groups who continue to work for all of membership.
2020 IBITA AGM
- Our 2020 face to face IBITA AGM is cancelled.
- An AGM Agenda with essential items only will be generated for postal vote, including:
o Ratification of 2019 AGM Minutes
o Acceptance of committee reports
o Budget, financial report and report from the verification committee
o Office bearer elections
o Essential motions only, all other items shall be deferred to 2021.
- All members meeting voting criteria will be granted postal vote eligibility. Postal votes shall be submitted by google survey.
- A Zoom Meeting open for ALL IBITA members shall be held 2-4pm Sweden time on Saturday August 29th, 2020. This date remains within the initial Congress dates. The time zone of all members was considered. The Zoom meeting shall not fulfill the purpose of the AGM outlined in our Byelaws but will provide a forum for member exchange.
2020 CONGRESS EDUCATIONAL CONTENT
- The Host Country shall explore the possibility of online webinars delivered by the invited speakers.
- The Education and Research Committees shall defer some content to the 2021 IBITA Congress and explore the possibility of some selected content through online delivery.
2020 ITC MODULES
I-C Instructor Trainee Module- Understanding the Complexity of Postural Control for the Functional Recovery of the Upper Limb and Hand
- The module has been cancelled.
- The ITC have offered registrants the tentative alternate date of November 2nd – 5th 2020 inclusive. This will be hosted by the same venue in Marstrand Sweden.
- Registrants are asked to confirm whether they will be able to attend this alternative date.
- The final decision to hold the module will be confirmed by August 1st. Please consider this when booking flights and accommodation. Members are responsible for any cancellation costs.
The Advanced Course Instructor-candidate (ACI-C) Training Module – Advanced Clinical Reasoning in the Bobath Concept
- The module is cancelled.
- The ITC is exploring alternate plans for a possible ACI-C module some time in 2021, dates and venue are to be determined.
- Registrations and payments will be held for the alternate plans
- The Qualification Committee is in communication with instructor-candidates and Qualification Panel members impacted by cancelled and potentially cancelled courses. Plans continue to evolve.
The implications of cancelled / rescheduled courses, reduced clinical time and restrictions on travel and attending educational events will affect both members and our course participants. Therefore our exemption processes need to be modified to reflect this.
- Please submit all basic course exemption requests to the Executive Committee, including but not limited to:
o A maximum of one additional course participant per instructor for a maximum of 5 days to complete course requirements
o Duration of the Basic Course to extend 15 months
o Alternative innovative strategies to deliver selected content to course participants who need to make course hours
- Annual clinical hours – The period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 shall not be counted when establishing compliance with the annual clinical hours requirements.
- Complete instructor training within 8 years – The period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 shall not be counted when establishing compliance to complete instructor training within 8 years.
- Teaching a course every three years – 2020 will not be counted
- AGM Attendance rule – The 2020 AGM will not be counted when establishing compliance with the AGM attendance rule.
- More Experienced Instructors – The period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 shall not be counted to establish compliance the requirement to evaluate Instructor-Candidates on Basic Courses in the previous 5 years.
- Continuing Professional Development Audit – 2020 shall not be counted in the rolling years for CPD audits in 2021, 2022 and 2023 when proof of CPD activities for two years will be required.
- A notice shall be added to the Public IBITA webpage to advise the public that many IBITA certified courses are cancelled or postponed and to please contact the course organizer or Country Representative with enquiries.
OUR IBITA COMMUNITY
Our entire community has been impacted and many members have experienced devastating consequences. Our hearts are with you. We are a collective of extraordinary individuals with adaptability, resilience and compassion.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or comments.
The Executive Committee